Wallace prevails over Johnston in Indian Open play-off

Matt Wallace

"I've done something similar, but on a lower level".

Wallace now has a European Tour exemption through the 2019 season. I didn't think it broke that much and I hit a good putt, but it didn't go in. Johnston fought back strongly on the back nine and when Wallace bogeyed the hard par-3 18th, "Beef" was in the battle.

Londoner Matt Wallace became the fourth Englishman to win on the European Tour in 2018, following a thrilling play-off success against countryman Andrew "Beef" Johnston in the Hero Indian Open in New Delhi on Sunday.

"I'm ecstatic. I feel wonderful". "I played great", Wallace said. It has been very satisfying week because it is definitely the toughest golf course that I have played in my career. It has been a great run and I am sure he will build on it.

3347 terrorists 'neutralized' in Syria's Afrin, Turkish military says
Erdogan said on Sunday Turkish troops and allied Syrian rebels were now just four to five kilometres from Afrin. Turkish-backed Free Syrian Army fighters are seen with villagers in eastern Afrin , Syria on March 9, 2018.

"There are some great champions. SSP (Chawrasia) held it for a couple of years and I am so happy to get my name on the trophy".

Johnston elected to lay up at the par-five last and posted a two-putt par to set the clubhouse target, which Wallace matched before winning on the first extra play-off hole. The 21-year-old shot 75 to fade for a tie for seventh, which should still be enough to get him into the top 64 in the world to qualify for the WGC-Match Play in two weeks. I have never thought of playing it safe during the playoff, even during regulation play when I was farther out.

At one point, Wallace was headed towards a short stay in India. "I feel that my long iron play this week was the best part of my game, so as soon as I was all the way down on the end of the fairway, I was going to hit an iron and go for the green".

"I had a few birdies today but there were just too many bogeys for my liking".

Government approves referendum bill on 8th Amendment
Politicians debated the draft legislation in the Dail for five hours on Friday. The debate is due on continue today until 4pm.

Beef made it a three-shot hole to set up a lengthy birdie bid. Stephen Gallacher put his arm around me and said keep going, kid'.

Despite his lacklustre show, Sharma continues to lead the European Tour Race to Dubai and the Asian Order of Merit. The Englishman said it was midway through third round that he felt he was in contention.

Wallace's play on the third day for his 70 was the key because conditions were tough and he handled them well. "The back nine is a lot harder than the front nine". Whether I do that at the range, when my coach Vijay (Divecha) comes to spend some time with me in the USA after the Bay Hill Invitational, or whether I find it while playing a round, remains to be seen. "Ever since being 3 over through eight at the start of the week, I've played some of the best golf of my life".

India's top court allows 'living wills' for terminally ill
The Supreme Court verdict on the " living will " or the advance directive assigns doctors across the country a crucial role. The Supreme Court on Friday said passive euthanasia is permissible with guidelines.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Announcing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4!
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:49
While it had been leaked quite some time ago that Black Ops 4 would be the new COD in 2018, there were also other rumours. It included some solid information on what the company is planning to do this year when it comes to new game releases.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top BJP clears Rajeev Chandrasekhar for Rajya Sabha seat from Karnataka
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:47
Congress decision to field 3 candidates has crashed the hopes of JD (S) to win one seat with Congress support. Congress is likely to support BSP's lone candidate in UP so that they are able to seal the deal for 2019.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Antonio Conte told to stop complaining about Chelsea FC transfer funds
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:45
Let's go there with confidence we can put in a good show and do the best we possibly can to get through to the next round. In front of the players. "If it is him or Pedro against Barcelona, the answer has to be Willian".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Seed in NCAA Tournament; Will Play Missouri First Round
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:45
The Seminoles' season was one of close wins and close losses, but they're not heading into the NCAA Tournament with much momentum. FSU made the NCAA Tournament for the sixth time in the last 10 seasons, the most in any 10-year period in school history.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Man City can't compare to Barca, Madrid yet - Guardiola
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:45
They suffered their heaviest defeat of the current campaign at the Etihad Stadium earlier this season when they were beaten 7-2 by City.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Virginia men's hoops selected as number one overall seed in NCAA Tournament
Mar 12, 2018 - 10:43
For the third time in the last five seasons, the University of Virginia will enter the NCAA Tournament as a number one seed. Things won't get much easier in the second round. "UMBC, I just started to know more about them".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top PUBG gets a roadmap for 2018, includes plans for two new maps
Mar 11, 2018 - 03:00
The latest and greatest gaming feud, Bluehole Studios' PUBG and Epic Games' Fortnite , is taking on a new level of competition. Notably, as they look to stabilise the experience further, a new experimental test server is set to be implemented.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Snapchat and Instagram remove Giphy feature due to racial slur GIF
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:59
The company is testing out a new tool that lets users tag anyone in photos and videos that are posted to Snapchat Stories . The GIF was suggested to users who searched the word " crime ", according to users Lyauna Augmon and William Parkes .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Nun fighting sale of convent to Katy Perry dies in court
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:58
However, in a unusual twist of events Hollister was found guilty of fraud because she allegedly interfered with the sale process. Perry spent more than $2 million in legal fees fighting the small group of elderly nuns , according to Curbed LA.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Defensive Tackle Danny Shelton Traded to New England Patriots
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:56
Shelton will provide depth for the Patriots' defensive tackle position that includes Malcom Brown and Lawrence Guy . It's expected that Shelton will act as a situational defensive tackle for the Patriots , primarily on rushing downs.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Zidane: "Cristiano is from another galaxy; he's a special player"
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:53
And Zidane was impressed with Real's character against an Eibar side who were on top for long periods of the match. Ronaldo put the European champions ahead in the 34th minute following a handsome pass from Luka Modric .

Packers reportedly add DeShone Kizer in Damarious Randall trade with Browns
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:52
Kizer was chosen 52nd overall in the 2017 National Football League draft by the Browns. Kizer threw 22 interceptions as the starter for 15 games of the Browns' 0-16 season.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Madaxweynaha Kenya oo la kulmay Raila Odinga
Mar 11, 2018 - 01:52
Political analyst and writer Patrick Gathara said such a dialogue is still needed despite Friday's meeting. The truce comes months after Kenyans went to two violent elections in the last quarter of 2017.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Derrick Rose signs with the Timberwolves for the rest of the season
Mar 10, 2018 - 01:58
Rose , who started the year in Cleveland, appeared in 16 games and averaged 10 points before he was traded to Utah. Tom Thibodeau is now the Timberwolves' coach, and he led the Bulls and both players for five seasons in Chicago .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Charlize Theron actually wet herself when she met David Oyelowo
Mar 10, 2018 - 01:53
"I've definitely stubbed my toe and said s-t or something like that and my kids are like, 'Mom!'" she said. She explained: "So the first night we got to Mexico if I had any doubts they were put to sleep".