Shaquem Griffin Wows NFL Combine with Stunning Bench Press

Watch: One-handed linebacker Shaquem Griffin stars at Scouting Combine bench press

If you already know Griffin's backstory, you understand why the Central Florida linebacker expects to be a little verklempt when he gets the call telling him to report for National Football League duty. Griffin had his left hand amputated at age 4 because of amniotic band syndrome, a congenital condition. He used a special prosthetic strapped to his left arm in order to compete in the event. During his precombine training, his personal best was 11.

"I hope I inspire a lot", Griffin said.

"Just starting that off, I just felt the energy from everybody", Griffin told NFL.com after accomplishing the incredible feat.

And who's to say he won't get there? "I didn't know I had it in me, but it came out today".

Storm Emma puts paid to holidaymakers' plans at Bristol Airport
Flight operations will NOT resume until Saturday morning, meaning there will be no flights to or from Dublin Airport tomorrow. It was expecting to have departures up to nearly 9pm. "De-icing of aircraft and snow clearing is now taking place".

Griffin is a delightfully refreshing story of perseverance, and he understands that he has already been an inspiration to countless others, whether they have a disability or not. He was a pass-rushing linebacker over his last two seasons at UCF, but spent his first two years in the program in the secondary. I still have the feet for it, and that's why I was able to be at the Senior Bowl and move and progress at each and every position.

"I feel like I could just start curling 225 right now and I'm pretty sure come tomorrow, it's going to be adrenalin just going insane". Anything that I can do, I've got to hold myself to a higher standard because it's just that important to everybody.

Like his brother, Shaquille, who impressed Seahawks teammates and coaches from day one with a maturity regarded as beyond its years coupled with an infectious enthusiasm, Shaquem Griffin has checked as many boxes for intangibles at the Combine as he has for his performances in drills. Speed was never a thing that I lacked. I think that'll get bumped up.

The motivation is always there, and so is the inspiration.

Samsung Galaxy S9 earns DisplayMate's first ever A+ grade
DxOMark tests cameras thoroughly and rates them for their photo and video performance, then gives them a combined score. According to the camera tests done by DxOMark , the Samsung flagship received an industry best of 104 in photo tests.

Prior to the combine, Griffin was projected to be a mid-to-late round pick, with good fits in New Orleans, Jacksonville, Seattle and Oakland, per National Football League draft analyst Chad Reuter. But at the end of the day, it's not my choice. Show me what you can do and we'll go from there.

It's time to stop talking about what Griffin can't do because apparently there isn't much at all on that list.

There will be more.

"If I can inspire one, and they can inspire another and (soon we'll) inspire a thousand", Griffin said.

Wilder vs Ortiz: Who do you think will win the heavyweight showdown?
Ortiz hasn't been given the benefit of the doubt by fans, media and certainly not Wilder because of his previous PED ordeal. Ortiz, the Miami-based Cuban defector, is the flawless fighter to test the defensive liabilities displayed by Wilder.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Wenger won't quit and vows to turn Arsenal around
Mar 05, 2018 - 01:15
The 2-1 loss was Arsenal's fifth defeat in seven Premier League games and Wenger is under increasing pressure to keep his job. However, just as it looks like the team was shaping up for a positive afternoon, Brighton took an early lead through a corner.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top French National Front leader investigated over grisly tweets
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:06
Le Pen is even considering rebranding the party founded by her father, Jean-Marie Le Pen 45 years ago, with a new name. Le Pen condemned an earlier stage of the investigation as "political interference".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kylie Jenner is 'really enjoying' motherhood
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:01
I appreciate my friends and especially my family for helping me make this special moment as private as we could. One wrote: "I can't believe Kylie Jenner is being slammed for having long nails as a mum to a newborn".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Jeff Sessions Just Had Dinner With A Very Interesting Guest
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:00
Sessions didn't use Justice lawyers instead to investigate "massive" abuses under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. President Donald Trump on Wednesday made a big social-media show of addressing some serious business.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top A splash of colour
Mar 04, 2018 - 05:00
This would mean Holika would survive because of her enchanted shawl which protected her from fire - but the plan failed. Holi marks the end of the winter period and the start of spring - which is definitely a cause for celebration.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lamar Jackson is a quarterback, period
Mar 04, 2018 - 04:58
If the requests have been made, why not simply say, "Some of them asked me to do it, and I told them no". Jackson answered nearly every question with a chuckle and sprinkled in his own jokes along the way.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Facebook ends the Explore Feed less than 4 months after its launch
Mar 04, 2018 - 04:57
He said the news feed will shift its focus to personal posts from family and friends, and away from viral videos and news stories. Users were only able to see posts from publishers in a separate feed, or in the main feed if the brand paid for the privilege.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top In the icy grip of the Beast From the East
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:31
THE "Beast from the East" was a pest for the west as thousands of children were forced to miss school due to heavy snow . The cold weather is expected to continue until late in the week.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Brain surgeons perform procedure on wrong patient
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:26
Colleagues at the Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi are upset a neurosurgeon and three medical staff members were suspended. Health Cabinet Secretary Sicily Kariuki has sent Kenyatta National Hospital boss Lily Koros on compulsory leave.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ronda Rousey officially becomes a WWE superstar
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:25
Rather, the Raw commissioner will be an easy opponent for Rousey to squash, making her look unstoppable in the process. Graham Mirmina, aka Graham "GSM" Matthews, is an Endicott College alumnus and aspiring journalist.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Spanish LaLiga match report Espanyol v Real Madrid 27 February 2018
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:24
Celta, which has only one win in its last five games, dropped to ninth place. We always look to win, and even worse, we conceded in the last minute.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Malema: 'Farmers Will NOT Lose Their Land'
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:24
The ANC backed the EFF's planned motion of no confidence in Jacob Zuma only for Zuma to resign as president. Whites still own most of South Africa's land following centuries of brutal colonial dispossession.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Olympian Aly Raisman Sues US Olympic Committee Over Larry Nassar Abuse
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:22
Olympic Committee says it did not know about allegations until 2016 when one victim went public in the Indianapolis Star . The USOC statement did not address whether the sex abuse scandal played a role in Blackmun's departure.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cavs suspend JR Smith due to 'detrimental conduct'
Mar 03, 2018 - 00:18
They face the Suns in Phoenix the following Tuesday, the Blazers on Thursday and close out with a battle against the Bulls on St. Cleveland will try to get back on the right side of the scoreboard Saturday night against the Denver Nuggets.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Battlefield 2 in Development, Goes Back To WW2
Mar 02, 2018 - 07:58
Now it seems retro settings are becoming the norm because Battlefield 5 might also be set during the World War II time period. However, DICE is still interested in making the sequel, so fingers crossed something comes into fruition in the near future.